Eden's Garden Grace



Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Where's "Your" Beautiful?

Today as I was rushing through Walmart, looking for the last accessory for Kira's 'plant' costume for "Jungle Book", I caught a full-length mirror glimpse of myself as I walked by. Considering I've never been a supermodel, you'd think that what I saw looking back at me wouldn't be such a surprise. The "me" I see in my mind's eye is not what I see when I look in a mirror and way too much 'me' is looking back.

I've been thinking about that a lot today, realizing that who we imagine ourselves to be has a lot to do with what comes from the energy inside of us. I wonder if others see me that way...or is that really why I CAN see myself that way--precisely because they DO! Either way, I know I have love and support and I love my life and the blessings that are in it. Would I still take that Sofia Vargara body?? You bet your bonnet I would, but I also realize that this is my reality and rather than wallow in the place of unhappiness that I'm not what I want to be, I'd rather live each day gratefully for who I am and what I have.

Some of us are born with that message, and support of who we are and what we stand for from the moment we are born; for others of us, it might be a place we struggle to find after years of searching. However each of us comes to that place, I hope we can all get there. Life is too short to let what is outside of our souls govern the person we choose to be. We must love ourselves first and then that love will spill out onto our family, our friends and the world. It really is what's inside that matters...and don't let anyone tell you that you're not beautiful!

1 comment: