Eden's Garden Grace



Sunday, August 30, 2009

Road Trip Conversations.8-9-09

On a recent drive to Charleston, we decided to log all the license plates we saw to see which state had the best representation. We were close to crossing over the VA/NC line. Of course, one of the plates was NC. Kira looked at the driver and said "Yea, they look like North Carolina...they usually have a bald head and a little beard!"

In the back seat, Kira decided to lean over a bit in her seat to relax. This resulted in her legs kind of being up towards the window of the door. She told me that she wanted to lie down, but she was afraid if we had an accident, her legs would get broken. Then she asked if both legs get broken, are you paralyzed? I explained to her that usually if both legs were broken, you'd still be able to heal and probably walk; but that if your spine or back got broken, you could be paralyzed. "So Mommy, have you ever broken anything?" "No", I said. "Nothing?!" "Nothing", I said. "Well, I don't really want to break anything, but I'd like to do it so I would know how it feels in case I ever do." "Just like I don't want to die, but I'd like to know what it feels like when you do...you know, so I'll know." I tried to tell her that when we do have to die, it's okay because we will be with God and Jesus and all the people that have gone before us and they all be with us. Only the people left will miss us until they come too. "Well," she said, "I just think I'd like to know how it feels when you die...like I think whatever happens might hurt. Like, I especially would not want to get it with a knife". "Me either", I said. Then she says, "I think I'd just like to die of old age...that wouldn't hurt...you just go to sleep." "Yea, me too", I agree.

We're checked into the Hampton Inn and Kira has found that they have mouthwash and all those fun things. Then she found the moisturizer and told me "they even have moisturizer, Mama. You should use it...it makes you really soft."

No comments:

Post a Comment