Eden's Garden Grace



Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hey, these conversations apparently are happening in town too!

One day this week, Kira and I were in the car with my Mom. I mentioned how hot I was all the time. Mom says "going through the change...". Kira says, "what's the change"? Mom tells her it's a time when big girls turn into even bigger, older girls. (gee, that sounds exciting!!) Anyway, that seems to work for a few minutes.

Mom continues, telling me how hot she'd been, how she'd stick her head in the freezer. (At this point, I'm just imagining Kira listening and thinking how cool that will be, and planning to try it when she gets home.) Then Mom asks me if I'm hot at night. I tell her not so much, but that I am already freezing Palmer out of the bed. I tell her eventually I'll probably have to sleep in another room. Then Kira pipes up and says, "that's okay Mommy...you can sleep with me. I don't have the change!" Oh, little people...so great! It's fun when they don't yet get what they are talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment