Eden's Garden Grace



Sunday, August 30, 2009

Road Trip Conversations.8-10-09

Driving through Charleston, Kira says, "mom, you know what my life-time dream is?" (remember she's 8!). Without waiting for an answer from me, she says to be a skateboarder! Who knew?! About that time a boy on a skateboard flies by and she says, "See, like him."

We had lunch today at Hyman's Seafood, apparently a Charleston landmark. (BTW, thanks for the recommendations...it was wonderful!) She comes out of the little girl's room, walks back to our table and sits down. She says "While I was in the bathroom, I was looking in the mirror and with this top, these sunglasses and my hair...I'm so Hollywood! (Okay...obviously way too much Disney with Hannah Montana, HSM and London, but who can argue with that kind of confidence and self-esteem?!?) A bit later when we were visting yet another bathroom together (lots of bathroom trips on these long road trips), she looked in the mirror again and said, "All I need is some lipgloss and a little white dog and I'd be totally Hollywood!"

Finally we arrive in Jacksonville. I search to find an acceptable radio station. We listen for a little while and she asks me "Mom, how do they know where we are?" I am a bit confused and ask her what she is talking about. She says "well, when we where in Charleston, they were saying 'The City of Charleston', now they are saying 'The City of Jacksonville'...how do they know where we are?" I explained to her that each city is a new station and that they don't follow us. I never thought of it like that. It's amazing how much you find out about how their little minds work when you just listen.

Good night for now...stay tuned for more "words of wisdom" from Kira.

No comments:

Post a Comment