Eden's Garden Grace



Sunday, August 30, 2009

Road Trip Conversations continued...

Recently as we were driving around with a friend's child in the car with us, this is what I heard going on in the back of the car.

Friend says to Kira..."Someone taught me how to talk like a Jewish woman and then she proceeds to mimic". As I contemplated how to address the situation, not sure if Kira even understood what was going on; for that matter, did the other child even realize what she was saying or was she just repeating the ramblings of an adult. Should I say something about it or just let it go. Well, before I could even figure out what to do, Kira says "I know lots of Jewish people and they don't sound like that! They are just people like us!" I was SO proud!

Later on, after we dropped this child off, I told Kira how very proud I was of her and her response to the situation. I told her no matter how many times I get upset because she doesn't listen or has an attitude, THAT one instance made me realize she really understands and that is just SO good. To all of this, she responds, "Well, I just wanted to tell her to stop judging people!"

Times like this make you feel like you must be doing something right...that and just realizing that you really do have a great kid! <3 her~!

No comments:

Post a Comment