Eden's Garden Grace



Sunday, August 30, 2009

Monday, January 29, 2007

I can't wait until I'm caught up and have enough time to make a list of what I need to do.
This is a quote from a calendar that my sister gave to me for Christmas. Not so ironically, it was from one of those "Women Who Do Too Much" calendars. So far, this is my favorite quote from it. I find myself more caught up in lists every day and the other night as I lay in bed trying to fall asleep, I could find no sheep to count, only millions of little 'to do' bugs bouncing around in my brain. Finally I wrote out a paper list by the light of my telephone screen, so as not to disturb my husband. After that I went to sleep...I even got 5 hours of sleep before i had to get up and start on my list.

Today school is out. I had, as usual, so many grandiose plans of what I might accomplish. I ended up helping my 5 year old daughter finish up a poster for a contest entry for Virginia 529 College Savings plan. Then she wanted to deliver it in person to a big building downtown, braving wind and hills and conquering parallel parking in a space way far away. Then I took my mom shopping and just made it in time for gymnastics. So much for a 'day off'. You'd think after all of this time, I might realize I can't conquer Rome in a day, but somehow I keep trying.

My best friend told me the other day that I need to focus all my scattered energies on one thing and just think of what I could accomplish. She is SO right and I plan to do that...as soon as I finish my lists. (She's also the one who calls me a "Renaissance Women" because I seem to know how to do a little bit of everything. She's the best!) Now, on top of all of that, I think i just might have time to have a blog! HA!!! Anyway, thanks for stopping by.

Writing's always kind of been my escape and the older I get, the more I find myself being drawn to it. So, hey, thanks Kristen for that email link http://kristismess.blogspot.com/2006/12/i-do-nothing-as-far-as-you-can-tell.html that led me here. I could really relate to it and then I thought...if she can do all that and write a blog too...so can I. Posted by Jenna at 1:53 PM 0 comments
Labels: ,
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)


Blog Archive
2007 (4)
April (1)
A Day of Horrible Lists
February (1)
There is a light at the end of the renovation tunn...
January (2)
Lose weight...
I can't wait until I'm caught up and have enough t...

About Me
Jenna View my complete profile

No comments:

Post a Comment